Each evening the lodge manager will discuss the fishing options available to you for the next day. You will then choose which option you would like. You may decide to fly-out for the day, go on a float trip for the day, or to stay and fish the Kvichak. The great thing about the Alaska Sportsman’s Lodge is that because of our location, you have a tremendous variety of choices for each day.Read more
If you choose to fish the Kvichak, your guide will use boats to transport you within a seven-mile radius of the lodge. Many times you will be able to see the lodge while you are landing your fish. Your guide will have your boat ready and will be waiting for you on the dock each morning.
A typical day on the Kvichak is as follows:
- 6:20 through 8:00 AM Breakfast made to order.
- You can eat at anytime between 6:20 and 8:00 AM.
- You will fish until 11:45 AM. You are back at the lodge for a lunch.
- You are on the river again by 1:15 PM and fish until 5:30 PM.
- Cocktails and appetizers at 6:00 with dinner at 7:00
A Typical day at ASL with a fly out:
If you are on a fly-out for the day, you will depart the lodge after breakfast and be at a remote location for the day. The guides will have lunches for you and you will eat riverside. We do have shore lunches with fresh salmon prepared at some of our locations. You will be out in the filed all day and return to the lodge between 5:15-5:45 PM.